Saturday, January 31, 2009

Clear album for my Mom



OK - well this is a very late Christmas gift for my Mom in Florida. But she is also very creative so I know that she totally understands the process. Ya know - I have to have all my thoughts together - or somewhat anyway :) - before I began because there is way too much thought and planning that has to go into an album like this. As it was I did have to redo a couple of pages :) - but I am proud of the way it turned out and I hope that she loves it.

I wiped the edges of each page with Olive Green Stazon ink to define the pages which I thought gave it a pretty cool effect. I used alot of bling, some transparencies from Hambly, Prima and Fancy Pants (glittercuts). The patterned paper is from Basic Grey Mellow line. I used the awesome Cricut that my Mom helped me buy to do the die cutting.

Well - I will be sending this to her within the next week and surely wish that I could be there when she opens it. I know that she will call me as soon as she does and will probably be crying which in turn will make me cry too.

Enough of the crying - the clear albums really are a very cool project - and granted - do take alot of thought before you begin. In the end though - it will be a project that you will be proud of, so go ahead and give it a try. :)

2 comments:

  1. Lisa you ROCK with these clear albums! Maybe one day I'll get up the nerve to try it. This one turned out beatuiful and I KNOW your mom will love and cherish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa - this is a very COOL album. It's FABULOUS and I love so many things that you did with it, like the pages being different shapes and sizes and the outline in green, that really did set the pages off. Just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete